Avast has been the number one security solution for millions of users for many years. The company offers products for detecting and liquidating both common and zero-day threats. Avast is a good choice for those who looking for protection in cyberspace. However, this developer is not in the TOP-3, taking into account the detection rates and the level of performance.
If you think that there is time to try something new, for example, a product with more advanced features or excellent results of tests you are in the right place. You are welcome to take a look at these Avast alternatives 2020.
This security solution is a great choice for those Windows users who want to have all in one. According to AV-Test, Norton Antivirus can precisely detect 100% of common malware. It also can address the other issues, including zero-day threats liquidation.
- the high level of phishing protection;
- effective two-way firewall;
- many useful features for Windows and Mac;
- responsive support.
- users with weak hardware can face some issues;
- for some people the premium version could be very expensive;
- users of iOS devices can’t benefit from a wide range of options.
This flexible solution offers users high-level protection for data and doesn’t require lots of system resources. Thus, users won’t even feel it running in the background.
- Bitdefender has got the best scores from different test labs;
- this product provides users with cross-platform compatibility;
- users can enjoy the high level of protection during browsing and password management Bitdefender offers VPN;
- there is a smart system optimization;
- the product delivers cleaning instruments;
- there are lots of extra useful tools.
- the process of full scanning could be somewhat slow;
- for some users, the Total Security plan could be expensive enough.
Avira Free Antivirus
This free security solution is a popular Avast alternative. The product provides users with great protection against malware. It should be noted, that the results of AV-Comparatives testing were better than Avast results.
- Avira is available not just for Windows users, but also for owners of Mac, iOS, and Android devices;
- excellent results in various independent labs tests;
- Avira offers a great password manager for free;
- compromised files recovery.
- on-demand scanning could be somewhat slow;
- only users of Opera, Chrome, and Firefox can benefit from web protection extension.
AVG Antivirus Free
AVG Antivirus has been one of the best alternatives to Avast for decades. But, in 2016 Avast acquired AVG. Both products are still sold as two different solutions. However, they have a lot in common. AVG and Avast are available for users of desktops (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices (Android). There is just one main difference between them – AVG provides users with a performance scan.
- excellent results, obtained during independent lab tests;
- performance scan is available for PC users;
- AVG has a lot in common with Avast, it’s free.
- the initial scan could be slow;
- it’s not a good choice for users looking for advanced features.
Intrusta Antivirus provides users with protection against malware, spyware, ransomware, and adware. This product is available only for desktop users – Windows and Mac.
- user-friendly interface;
- customers can take advantages of the 30-day trial period;
- Intrusta offers good value for money.
- Intrusta is a new player and it has somewhat limited functionality;
- there are no extra features like parental control or backup;
- for now, Intrusta is available only for PC.
This post has introduced 5 Avast alternatives you can use for Windows PC in order to protect all files and data. Some of them are free, some can require the payment, but provide users with many advanced features.